2.0

No muss, no fuss. It's not an uncommon expression to relay the feeling that "all's well, no trouble here." When it came to my dealings with SpicyLingerie.com however anything but that phrase could be applied.

As someone whom does a fair bit of shopping online I found their website clunky at best. At times it felt like navigating shark-infested waters while coated in chum might've been a far easier task. In spite of the perils I managed to find a few items that snagged my attention, sealed the deal, and waited a tolerable amount of time for them to arrive.

It wasn't unexpected that one of the sets I ordered did not fit at all, as there's always a risk of clothes being purchased online not fitting properly; thus began the long and agonizing journey to return said item. The website itself does not have a RMA, that is a return merchandise authorization, feature. Instead one must one again traverse the website to find their returns page, on which you'll discover a garbled jumble of tiny-text words listing all of their restrictions and regulations regarding a return. The key point of the return hinges on one downloading and printing .pdf form, after which one makes a detour to the post office to cough up a few dollars to ship the item and wait with baited breath for the processing center to decide if the condition of the item (only tried on once!) is acceptable for a return.

In my case, I was lucky that the returns department did choose to issue a refund for the item in question...but the joke was on me! I didn't receive the full amount! I dithered whether a measly three bucks was worth my time but my frugal side won out; after contacting the returns department via email to querry as to why this deficit existed, I'm informed it CLEARLY states on the website that all returns are subject to a $3.00 handling ("restocking") fee. I double-check: lo and behold, the stated fee IS there, buried in the detritus of words I mentioned earlier. "Clearly" indeed.

Needless to say, I will never shop with this company again. If I wasn't jumping through hoops, I was tangled with strings of bells and whistles; I'd have felt more welcome at a circus.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Refund policy, Customer service, Website layout and management.

Comments